Jun 8, 2011

A Dog in a Hat - Joe Parkin


When I'm not smashing kilometres on the bike or hanging on the internet, I like to spend my downtime reading. I actually read quite a lot and I'm not too ashamed to admit that most of what I read revolves around cycling (that, design and the NASA space programmes of the 60s and 70s).

One book that I keep going back to (and probably now my all time favourite) is A Dog in a Hat by Joe Parkin.


A Dog in a Hat chronicles Joe's journey from the USA to become a professional cyclist in Belgium. The book is an absolute page turner and gives an insiders only account of what really went on in european cycling in the 80s and early 90s.

Next time you are looking for something new to read, why don't you do yourself a favour and grab a copy of A Dog in a Hat. If you love your cycling and are anything like me, I am sure you will find this an insightful and rewarding read.

Title: A Dog in a Hat
Author: Joe Parkin
Publisher: Velopress

Happy reading.

~ VL